Why this approach?
The programme of events, which will run over eight weeks, will culminate in a live virtual awards ceremony celebrating all projects, and with awards for those projects which stand out in terms of their creativity and innovation.
Tech Féile Gone By
We're interested! Who can participate?
- Tech Féile is open to any Gaelcholáiste, scoil Ghaeltachta, or youth club that operates through Irish. For those already in our network, contact your regional TechSpace officer. If you’re not already part of our TechSpace network, get in touch by emailing TechSpace STEAM Education Officer Jules Ní Chonchobhair.We’ll also be offering live Q&A sessions on Google Meet on the following dates:
- Monday 18th January 2021 at 15.30 here
- Tuesday 19th January 2021 at 15.30 here
- Wednesday 20th January 2021 at 15.30 here
- Thursday 21st January 2021 at 15.30 here
- Friday 22nd January 2021 at 15.30 here
If you have any questions, or would like further information before getting started, you’re welcome to drop into any one of those sessions. Simply choose which date suits best, and click the link next to the date.
Let's go! We're in! How do we begin?
Great! You can begin by registering the details of the projects you and the young people you are working with are interested in. Submit as many ideas you like in STEAM, Computer Science, and Digital Media categories.
From documentaries, to computer games, VR and AR to robotics and coding. If it’s STEAM, Computer Science, or Digital Media, we look forward to all of your ideas! Submit them using this form. For more information on this year’s categories, click here.
If you have any questions about your submission or any other aspects of Tech Féile and TechSpace, please do get in touch.
Help! What supports are available?
We want every school and club to get the best out of Tech Féile that they can. To support our schools and youth clubs, we will be offering the following:
- Our TechSpace team will provide you with weekly support sessions
- Equipment: We will help every school and club with equipment for their project
- Guides: We can provide guides and advice on any aspect of your project
- Ideas: If you need any advice or ideas on developing your project, we’ll help!
If there is any other way in which we can support you, please get in touch with your regional TechSpace officer, and we will do all that we can!
When? So, when is all of this happening?
Send in your project ideas
- 29 January 2021
Completed projects submission date
- 12 March 2021
- 1–5 February
You’ll have a planning session with a regional TechSpace coordinator. This is a great opportunity to let us know the ways we can help you in your support sessions.
- 8, 15, 22 February; 1, 8 March
You will have access to five support sessions, once a week, with a member of the TechSpace team. If you need help with a piecec of equipment, a piece of code, or developing an idea, we’re here for you in these one-hour sessions.
Applications for Youth Presenters and Musicians
- 19 February
We really want young musicians and presenters to be central to the live awards ceremony. Further information available here.
- 22 February
This is a great opportunity to meet online with others in your region, present your projects, and learn about what others are up to.
Gairm TechTalks & TechTalks: Careers
- 22, 23, 24 March
All things tech talk here. Subjects and special guests to be announced …
- 25 March
Live online awards ceremony with young musicians, young presenters, and awards announcements!
Anything else? What other ways can young people get involved?
From virtual gaming, to presenting, we have lined up more ways than ever for young people to get involved in Tech Féile! Take a look here.